Found a Bat?
Gwynedd Bat Group has limited resources for assisting with bat call outs. We are dependent on volunteers and do not check email or social media everyday. Only contact us as a last resort if you cannot help the bat following the advice below:
1) Help to decide what to do. Start here! Bat Conservation Trust - Assess the situation
2) If the bat appears badly injured, please take it straight to a vet. Advice on how to retrieve an injured bat can be found here:
3) Contact the Bat Conservation Trust Helpline: Tel: 0345 1300 228
4) Lots of helpful information is available from the Bat Conservation Trust website:
5) Contact Gwynedd Bat Group about a bat
This is the last resort if you cannot find help or answers from 1-4 above. Remember, we might not see an email or a post in social media for a few days. If you do email us, please provide a photo or video clip if it is possible to do so without handling or causing distress to the animal, the exact location where found, and your contact details.
NOTE TO VETS:
Information pack on bat care and treatment available on request from the secretary: email@example.com