Found a Bat?
Gwynedd Bat Group has limited resources for assisting with bat call outs. We are dependent on volunteers and do not check email or social media everyday. Only contact us as a last resort if you cannot help the bat following the advice below:
1) Help to decide what to do. Start here! Bat Conservation Trust - Assess the situation
2) If the bat appears badly injured, please take it straight to a vet.
3) Contact the Bat Conservation Trust Helpline: Tel: 0345 1300 228
4) Lots of helpful information is available from the Bat Conservation Trust website: Help I’ve found a bat
5) Contact Gwynedd Bat Group about a bat
This is the last resort if you cannot find help or answers from 1-4 above. Remember, we might not see an email or a post in social media for a few days. If you do email us, please provide a photo or video clip if it is possible to do so without handling or causing distress to the animal, the location where found and your contact details.
NOTE TO VETS:
Information pack on bat care and treatment available on request from the secretary: email@example.com